THE STATE COMMISSION ON INFORMATION SECURITY PRESENTED THE REPORT ON THE OVERALL ACTIVITY ON THE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION PROTECTION IN THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA IN 2009
On 19 March 2009 at 11 o’clock at the Central Military Club, the Chairperson of the State Commission on Information Security (SCIS) Mrs. Tsveta Markova presented the Annual report on the overall activity on the classified information protection in 2009. The event was attended by representatives of the central authorities of the Republic of Bulgaria, the security and public order services, as well as of the diplomatic military corps in the country.
The report includes the main aspects of the activities of the SCIS in its capacity of National Security Authority, of the security and public order services, as well as of the organizational entities on the implementation of the CIPA. Special attention in this year’s report is devoted to the actions done last year, in accordance with the recommendations made by the National Assembly during the adoption of the report for 2008 and these are namely – activation of the international cooperation, adoption of European standards and good international practices, enhancement of the control on the handling of classified information and etc.
The main accents in this year’s report were put on:
- risks and threats for the status of the National system for the protection of classified information;
- analysis of the status of the National system for the protection of classified information – activity of the SCIS as National Security Authority, of the security and public order services and the other organizational entities on the implementation of the CIPA;
- international activities in the field of classified information protection – international legal regulatory framework, cooperation between the Republic of Bulgaria in the field of security and NATO and EU, development of the bilateral and multilateral cooperation;
- training in the field of classified information protection;
- directions of priority in the activity of SCIS, the security and public order services and the other subjects of the National system for the protection of classified information in 2010.
Before the presentation of the report the Chairperson of the SCIS Mrs. Tsveta Markova gave press conference to the media.